Friday, March 25, 2011

laughter

Recently, I've really been focusing on letting myself laugh. In fact, this endeavor has made me realize that sometimes your mind can prevent you from enjoying things. Crazy, I know. But truly, sometimes I put my guard up, or I'm so worried about other things that I forget to enjoy what's happening in the precent.

So now I am letting myself laugh. Last night, I went to BINGO with a good friend of mine. We laughed so hard that we were in tears. Today, I taped a funny comic up in my work space.

Not just laughter. I want to smile more. When I was younger, my elementary school teachers would make comments on my report cards like "She smiles so much!" Nowadays, I catch myself walking around almost scowling. How unattractive! So I'm working on that too! Today, I tried to smile at all passerby's on my errands. Smiles are, after all, contagious.

I'm going to keep working hard on this... One little thing at a time. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment