Wednesday, March 16, 2011

life is beautiful

While strolling the vendors at Pikes Place Market in Seattle, I found a man selling metal bracelets. Each bracelet was stamped with a unique quote. La vie est belle. The bracelet I purchased had this phrase - meaning "life is beautiful". I had chosen it because at the time it was true. I was a freshman in college having a blast with my wonderful new friends, and I had a man back home whom I was falling in love with. I didn't have a care in the world. La vie est belle. It means more to me than a saying on some bracelet; its a way of looking at life as if it is all still ahead - whatever you can dream, you can be or do.

It's been four years since I bought that bracelet - I've graduated from college and learned that life isn't so kind all of the time. I've let myself fall into a slump of routines and it's taking its toll.

I want to get back to that carefree and happy life I had once led. From here on, I plan on taking control of my destiny and living la belle vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment